List of Research Reports (No.161~No.180)
- No.165 Survey on part-time employment with less than 20 hours per week for persons with disabilities(April 2022)
- Japanese LinkSummary(PDF/567.86KB)
- The purpose of this research was to grasp needs and actual conditions of persons with disabilities who work or wish to work with less than 20 scheduled working hours per week and companies that are employed or are considering employing, and examine actual working conditions of less than 20 scheduled working hours per week and possibility of employment with less than 20 scheduled working hours per week from ingenuity and challenges at support sites .
As a result, it was found that these working styles were beneficial to both employers and employed persons with disability by cases that there were some needs of persons with disabilities for employment with less than 20 scheduled working hours per week and the employment of persons with disabilities with less than 20 scheduled working hours per week were supported by employer’s ingenuity and consideration to make the most abilities of persons with disabilities in workplaces.
- No.164 A study on effective utilization of vocational rehabilitation tools for diversifying disabilities(April 2022)
- Japanese LinkSummary(PDF/451.98KB)
- The propose of this research is to organize challenges for promotion of effective utilization of “total package for promoting workplace adoption (hereinafter referred to as “TP”) ” in “comprehensive vocational rehabilitation services aimed to support the independent working life while receiving necessary supports and utilizing self-management skills” and to examine measures for effective utilizing of “TP”. As a result of examination, we conducted as “TP” utilization promotion measures, (1) to develop “Propagating TP programs (trainings)” targeted “supporters can take advantage of theoretical knowledge of "TP" in practice”, (2) to create practical case collections targeted for “motivating supporters to introduce “TP” tools”, (3) to create learning materials that enable to learn about “TP” by referring for necessary information in compliance with the knowledge condition of learners and their role and function at affiliations . In the future, it will be expected that results of this research (1) through (3) are organically combined, “TP” utilization is promoted by spreading of knowledge and technique about “TP” among various employment support organizations, and it leads to ensure and increase the quality of employment support services.
- No.163 Survey on grasping methods for challenges faced by employers and proposal-based employer support methods regarding employment of persons with disabilities and continued employment(April 2022)
- Japanese LinkSummary(PDF/367.31KB)
- The purpose of this research was to conduct tests for employer supports by using training programs created in accordance with needs and challenges of each employer with developed tools for grasping the challenges in employment of persons with disabilities based on the circumstance of employer support services at Local Vocational Centers for persons with disabilities.
One of the major deliverables that we made is "Support tool for Employment of Persons with Disabilities" and other tools that employers using while consulting with vocational counselors for persons with disabilities and other support personnel at the Local Vocational Center for Persons with Disabilities. In addition, we conducted a trial of proposal -based employer support using a training program to help employers make decisions on employment of persons with disabilities and to develop human resources to su pport employment of persons with disabilities in the company, and verified the effectiveness of the program.
- No.162 A study on disability-understanding of persons with higher brain dysfunction and vocational rehabilitation supports -Comprehensive assessments of and supports for self-understanding-(April 2022)
- Japanese LinkSummary(PDF/533.05KB)
- The purpose of this research was to clarify a desirable way of the self-understanding in persons with higher brain dysfunction and its vocational rehabilitation support s. At first, Focus Group Interview (1st) of vocational counselors for persons with disabilities and literature research were conducted to organize comprehensive ideas of self-understanding, actual support situation, and effective supports. Then, Focus Group Interview (2nd) of vocational counselors for persons with disabilities was conducted on the support hypothesis, which was then revised according to its results. In conclusion, we pointed out an importance of assessments considering self -knowledge of traits and its effects, various aspects of self-understanding including self-monitoring, and the effects of biological, psychological and social environmental factors. Also pointed out were an importance of building rapport and supports premising achievement of support recipient’s goal, and necessity of various support options toward achievement of support purposes other than solely focusing on developing self-understanding.
- No.161 Survey on employment of part-time workers with mental disabilities~ Focusing on the workers to whom special measures to the method of calculating the employment rate apply ~(April 2022)
- Japanese LinkSummary(PDF/358.14KB)
- This survey was conducted in order to c ontribute to the planning of measures after the end of the "special measures related to the calculation method for part -time workers with mental disabilities" (hereinafter referred to as "special measures") , a provisional measures until March, 2023. In the survey, we were understood (1) the status of companiesemploying persons with mental disabilities and the application of special measures to those companies (secondary analysis for report on the status of employment of persons with disabilities), (2) perceptions and opinions regarding employment of persons with mental disabilities of the offices to which are applied special measures (based on questionnaire and interview surveys), and (3) the employment status and working style of persons with mental disabilities at office to which special measures are applied (based on questionnaire, interview, and panel surveys).
As a result, it was shown that the companies applied special measures had a higher probability of achieving the employment rate than the other companies. Among the offices applied special measures,those that have considered using “special measures” in employment managing for persons with mental disabilities, compared to offices that did not do so, are a tendency to have the impression in regard to the special measures "applicable" in terms of the ease of settling into the workplace for persons with mental disabilities and implementing various considerations. Furthermore, in both the survey of offices and persons with mental disabilities, it was mentioned that there was a certain number of persons with mental disabilities who have difficulty or unwillingness to shift to scheduled weekly working hours for 30 hours or more.